Oooh, a new meme! Of the following hundred items, those in bold are the things I have eaten. What about you?
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding
7. Cheese fondue
10. Baba ghanoush
13. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Hot dog from a street cart
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi (mango lassi and sweet lassi)
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted cream tea
38. Vodka jelly
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insects (darnit: I was prepared to in Pueblo, MX but I was sick.)
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
60. Carob chips
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
101. Pie at the Portland Pie-Off (oh okay, I added this one, but it should be on the list)
Interesting, I've eaten about 80 items on your list. Of those the Krispy Kreme and the Big Mac were the grossest ones. :)
I love our pho at the casino...I eat it at least once a week. My Mom fried spam when I was a kid it's been a long time, not sure I want to go back there.
What a fun list! I need to go through it with a fine collander comb.
And I love your new header--it's delish!
Now *this* is a meme worth doing! Though it did make me a little hungry...
I can help you with some of these. Black truffles, omg, worth it, so is good scotch. I had cognac with a fat cigar one New Year's Eve, but I don't think I could do it again.
Now, what is obviously needed is a trip to NYC. Where is Blogher next year? We need to have absinthe at Employees Only. http://www.employeesonlynyc.com/
And then the next day, caviar blinis in the Russian Tea Room.
I don't know what some things are, but I know I don't want Durian because it apparently stinks.
I've never had vodka jelly, but I'm guessing you could make it if anyone could! Is it like jello shots, except for toast?
I'm not at all surprised that you've tried so many. Do you have a list now of things you want to try?
I've got the black (that means blood, you know) pudding and the haggis covered. Not nearly as bad as you might think, but I never need to eat them again.
So which ones that you haven't eaten are planned for the future? Horse or cognac with a fat cigar?
Post a Comment