So I was tagged by Blu for this one. Could I get tagged for something short and sweet? Of course not. This is a huge one!!! I’ll give it a whirl and probably divulge the most I ever have divulged on my blog. Holy crap, Blu! Okay, peeps, here we go….
10 years ago: I was just finishing the “summer of lesbian love and pie-making.” The first summer with AdRi, and I had found she loved homemade pies. I mastered the art of piemaking that summer, and fell head over heels in love. Incredibly romantic, sweet and wonderful. I was in a new job, wasn’t making much money/selling Cds for cash, renting an old farmhouse in Sellwood, doing art installations and taking portrait photos on the side.
5 years ago: August 2000- It’s a blur. AdRi and I had bought a house together (wow! That’s a commitment!), I was working my way up in the same company, and we were beginning to build a crazy big garden at our house. I was pretty focused on my career, but that summer we were probably hosting Camp R, in our backyard for AdRi’s nieces and nephews: a 2-day intensive summer camp complete with secret handshakes, bike rides, and ghost stories in the tent.
1 year ago: We were in our post-wedding bliss, having been married in March, with a huge family and friend party in our garden last July. People from all over the country had come to help us celebrate, and we had a big, catered, live music, Mexican fiesta in the garden. It was one of the most amazing times for us: love and acceptance by our families. And come August last year, I was prepared to fight for our marriage by fighting Oregon’s Measure 36.
Yesterday: I swam in the pool here in Maui, sat in the sun and gazed out at the sea, finished reading Auntie Mame (great book!), took a walk at sunset, and had Pina Coladas at Don the Beachcomber. I’m very happy right now, and AdRi and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary last month.
Today: Doing the sun and beach thing again, but taking a sunset dinner cruise this evening.
Tomorrow: Snorkeling and hanging out on the beach.
5 snacks I enjoy:
• homegrown tomatoes, basil and mozzarella
• carrots and Toby’s tofu pate
• pita chips
• cottage cheese with pineapple
• kettle corn popcorn
5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs:
• The Eagles
• Depeche Mode
• Billy Joel
• I can't believe the names on this list: hello Junior High.
5 things I would do with $100,000,000:
• Make some huge ass donations.
• Give to our family
• Live simply and experience the world
5 locations I'd like to run away to:
• Cook Islands
5 bad habits I have:
• chewing ice
• being negative/sarcastic
• not putting away the laundry
• flaking out
• not making time for my health
5 things I like doing:
• imagining: is that a word?
• working in the garden
• creating/making things: I have a ton of hobbies
5 things I would never wear:
• belly shirt
• plastic pants
5 TV shows I like:
• 30 Days
• Daily Show
• Law & Order SVU
• America’s Next Top Model
• American Idol
5 movies I like:
• Moulin Rouge
• Wizard of Oz
• Motorcycle Diaries
5 famous people I'd like to meet:
• Jack LaLaine
• Frida Kahlo
• Hillary Clinton
• Dorothy Allison
5 biggest joys at the moment:
• I’m just finishing up one of the best vacations ever
• I feel incredibly relaxed and calm
• I’m more in love with AdRi now than I was ten years ago
• I’m wearing my hair long, in a braid, with plumeria flowers woven through it: how much does that kick ass?!
• I love what I’ve learned about gardening and realize there’s a ton I don’t know: such great potential!