What makes you a freak? Excuse me, what makes you unique? I suppose this can also be asked, what are your strange habits? And that’s what I was tagged with by RSG . Ugh. That’s hard! Even AdRi had a hard time helping me come up with them. But in the “spirit of the meme” and being tagged, I’ll give it that old college try.
1. Rubbing my feet on the cold sheet in bed. No, it’s not wrestless leg syndrome. But I can’t sleep with socks on, and I just like rubbing my feet against the sheets! Don’t ask.
2. I like a lot of lights on in the house. I’m from Southern California, people. These short winter days make for dark mornings and evenings. And if I’m home, I’m turning on the lights. Mood lighting, task lighting, overhead lighting: if I’m on the ground floor of our house, I’m turning on the lights in most of the rooms—in case I walk in there, I want to be able to see. I need light, I am not a vampire, and that’s why we have lightbulbs. And yes, they are energy efficient. It’s either lights, or a guaranteed 1-week vacation somewhere tropical every February. Life is all about choices.
3. I talk to my cats and they talk back to me. I have a certain voice they know, and I swear, they know exactly what I’m saying, and we have full conversations. “Picasso, how was your day?” “meow meow MEOW!” “Really? Did you look outside or sleep all day?” “Meow!” “Again? I hope you were nice to Frida today.” Delayed response, tail swishing, and then a soft “Meow.” “Now Picasso, we’ve talked about that, But tell me more about your day!” “Meow! Meow meow!” ……I think you get the picture here.
4. I make coffee every morning. That’s every morning. Constant. AdRi doesn’t know how to use our coffee grinder or coffee maker because I always make it. I worry about her coffee situation when I’m away on travel, and I think she even just goes to a coffee shop instead.
5. I’m an NPR junkie and have it on, even as background noise, just about all the time. With the advent of iTunes, I listen to KCRW in Santa Monica as well as Portland’s OPB Radio. When we’re gone and Wink is at home in her room, we leave the radio on for her. Of course it’s set to NPR. Today she’s listening to the Alito hearings and I hope she can catch me up next time I see her. It should be noted that I can’t stand pledge week and during that time I listen to Mark & Brian instead.
So now it’s my turn: Anonymous L, Mindless Girl , and Blu ? You’re next.
Your. new. format. is. freaking. me. out.
In a good way.
My god, I'm annoying myself with the period-after-every-word-for-emphasis-schtick.
Lelo!! I lova u!
Sleeping with socks ON is weird...
I will get right on this... but it might not happen until the weekend. Did I tell you about how much my schedule sucks this term?
I'll do that and this as soon as I can!
Love the cat conversation. B and I have a similarly freaky routine.
We'll say stuff like, "Rusty says it's time for dinner."
jeeze...got to bring it down to 5...hmmmm...may take me some time...and also send me into a spiral of neuroses...
How nice of AdRi to help with the strange habits thingie. Good to know our mates are always there to support us. ;-)
My cat and I have conversations, too. But I already knew I was a little strange. ha ha ho ho he he
i did it...was able to pare it down to 5 only slightly strange habits...
Post a Comment